Doc Alliance is the result of the creative partnership between seven key European documentary film festivals:
- CPH:DOX (Denmark)
- DocLisboa (Portugal)
- DOK Lepzig (Germany)
- FID Marseille (France)
- Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival (Czech Republic)
- Planete Doc Film Festival (Poland)
- Visions du Réel (Switzerland)
WHY DOC ALLIANCE?
- The aim of DOC ALLIANCE is to support the diverse nature of documentary film and to increase audience awareness of the fascinating possibilities of this genre.
- DOC ALLIANCE represents a dynamic platform offering filmmakers and producers alternative forms of distribution for films that are often difficult to get onto the market.
- The purpose of DOC ALLIANCE is to help documentary films reach as many viewers as possible, and to systematically support their distribution through their festival markets and online platform DAFilms.com.
DOC ALLIANCE’s ACTIVITIES:
• Doc Alliance Selection – Each year, every member festival proposes a film and a film critic and will screen a minimum of 3 out of the 7 nominated films. The film critics will form a Jury that will announce the winner of the Doc Alliance Selection Award.
• Doc Alliance Films – DAFilms.com is Doc Alliance’s online distribution tool. The website offers permanent VOD access to almost 800 documentary and experimental films. Audiences and film professionals from all around the world can legally watch all the films at DAFilms.com; for a small fee, they can view the films directly on their computer or download them in AVI and DVD formats.