CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE supports new creative documentary film and new media projects on science and technology.
Society needs science to tackle today’s global challenges and research must be communicated so that its importance to our common reality can be the subject of a democratic dialogue. If there ever was a time when we should strive for this happening, it is now.
In 2017 CPH:DOX established CPH:SCIENCE, uniting film and science through activities for audiences, education and research institutions, as well as for the film industry.
CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE is part of our overall science programme as well as our long standing international financing and co-production event CPH:FORUM dedicated to support strong film projects in the making. In this context CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE is an international platform, seeking to spark new collaboration between scientists and filmmakers as well as other stakeholders and serve as an incubator for creative documentary film and new media projects that can engage a broader audience in science and its impact on society.
HOW TO CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE
CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE takes place during CPH:DOX, following a full day focusing on the intersection of science and film at our CPH:CONFERENCE and leading up to our well established international financing and co-production event CPH:FORUM. The mainspring is curiosity, the key word is quality and the format is new.
During CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE:
- a selection of 6 creative documentary film and new media projects on science and technology will be presented to potential financiers, distributors, co-production partners and collaborators.
- In a “reverse pitch”, 5 selected scientists will present their research to interested film directors and producers, harnessing the deep knowledge existing within International universities and research centres for new powerful documentary films with a potential for social impact.
- In addition the event will offer tailored match-making in one-to-one meetings as well as more informal networking opportunities.
As a filmmaker, your project is included in the overall CPH:FORUM selection, which means that meetings might extend to the following CPH:FORUM days on 27-28 March.
Please find a selection of last year’s film and research projects below!
CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE is primarily for producers and directors with selected projects and a wide variety of decision makers, interested in active attendance. A limited number of seats are available to professionals who wish to attend the event as observers. You can find more information about application and program below and apply for an accreditation here.
Accreditation: 2.000 DKK (approx. 270 EUR), this includes access to:
- Project presentations
- Tailored match-making (for selected projects)
- Lunch & Coffee during CPH:FORUM / SCIENCE
- Access to CPH:MARKET on site (priority given to decision makers) & online
- All regular festival screenings & seminars
- Festival Center & Guest Desk services
- Delegate bag
- CPH:INDUSTRY catalogue
- Profiles and contact information of accredited guests (online guest list)
Accreditation fees are inclusive of VAT (25%).
KEY DATES & DEADLINES
Online submission of projects opens: September 1, 2018
Project application deadline: November 15, 2018
Notification of project selection: mid-January 2019
Accreditation opens: October 15, 2018
Accreditation application deadline: February 1, 2019
Notification of accreditation: mid-February 2019
By submitting a project, you accept our data policy in accordance with the GDPR.
For questions regarding CPH:FORUM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.