New SCIENCE FILM FORUM supporting new creative documentary film and new media projects on science and technology!
Society needs science to tackle today’s global challenges and research must be communicated so that its importance to our common reality can be the subject of a democratic dialogue. If there ever was a time when we should strive for this happening, it is now.
In 2017 CPH:DOX established CPH:SCIENCE, uniting film and science through activities for audiences, education & research institutions, as well as for the film industry.
The Science Film Forum is part of CPH:SCIENCE and a brand new international industry platform, seeking to spark new collaboration between filmmakers and scientists and serve as an incubator for creative documentary film and new media projects that can engage a broader audience in science and its impact on society.
HOW TO SCIENCE FILM FORUM
The first edition takes place during CPH:DOX 2018 on Tuesday, March 20th, following a full day focusing on the intersection of science and film at our CPH:CONFERENCE and leading up to our well established international financing and co-production event CPH:FORUM. The mainspring is curiosity, the key word is quality and the format is new.
During the SCIENCE FILM FORUM:
- a selection of 7 creative documentary film and new media projects on science and technology will be presented to potential financiers, distributors, co-production partners and collaborators.
- In a “reverse pitch”, the Science Film Forum also invites 5 selected scientists to present their research to interested film directors and producers, harnessing the deep knowledge existing within International universities and research centres for new powerful documentary films with a potential for social impact.
- In addition the Science Film Forum will offer tailored match-making in one-to-one meetings as well as more informal networking opportunities.
We are thrilled to announce the selection of the documentary projects below!
Science Film Forum is primarily for producers and directors with selected projects and a wide variety of decision makers, interested in active attendance. A limited number of seats are available to professionals who wish to attend the event as observers with priority given to producers. You can find more information about application and program below and apply for an accreditation here.
Extended deadline: February 15, 2018 – seats still available!
Accreditation: 2.000 DKK (approx. 270 EUR), this includes access to:
- Project presentations
- Tailored match-making (for selected projects)
- Access to CPH:MARKET on site (priority given to decision makers) & online
- All regular festival screenings & seminars
- Festival Center & Guest Desk services
- Delegate bag
- CPH:INDUSTRY catalogue
- Profiles and contact information of accredited guests (online guest list)
Accreditation fees are inclusive of VAT (25%).
KEY DATES & DEADLINES
Accreditation application deadline: February 15, 2018
Notification of accreditation: mid-February, 2018