CPH:DOX – Copenhagen International Documentary Film Festival is one of the world’s largest documentary film festivals and one of the most important meeting places for the international documentary film industry.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and industry-savvy person to lead the B2B activities as of April 1st, 2023.
As Head of Industry & Training you will have a pivotal role in the organisation. In cooperation with CPH:DOX’s management and the talented industry team, you will help secure and further develop the activities for the continued benefit of the industry and to maintain the festival’s internationally leading position.
The industry platform CPH:INDUSTRY centres around the annual financing and co-production event CPH:FORUM, which attracts filmmakers and decision-makers from all over the world, and for whom we organise presentations, match-making, networking meetings, masterclasses and conferences. In addition, we run the year-round talent development programme CPH:LAB for up-and-coming documentary filmmakers.
As Head of Industry & Training you will be responsible for:
- Strategic development of the international industry activities together with CPH:DOX’s management
- Overall management of all CPH:INDUSTRY and CPH:LAB activities
- Fundraising and reporting
- Daily budgetary responsibility for the department and financial management of the projects
- Establishing international partnerships and maintaining existing ones
- Festival trips and networking
- Overseeing the identification and development of new trends and initiatives that arise in the film and media landscape
- Professional curation and selection of projects, participants, experts and invited guests
- Contributing to the development of the international potential of selected projects and participants
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the film and media industry
- You have a strong international network in the documentary film industry
- You are ambitious, take responsibility, can lead and are a team player
- You are outgoing and have strong interpersonal skills
- You have experience in budgetary and financial management
- You have excellent English skills, both written and oral
- You have demonstrated relevant work experience
A permanent full-time position in a festival organisation where the pace is fast and ambition is high. As Head of Industry & Training, you will have a pivotal role in the organisation with a range of creative and challenging tasks in the development of our activities. You will report directly to the organisation’s Executive Board.
Come work with us and you will be part of a multinational and close-knit workplace that aims at making the very best festival every year. We welcome European applicants, but potential candidates should be willing to reside in Denmark. Unfortunately, we cannot offer assistance with housing and relocation costs. We strive to be an open and diverse organisation, and we encourage all interested people, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnicity, to apply.
About CPH:DOX / The Copenhagen Film Festival Foundation:
Established in 2003, CPH:DOX has grown to become one of Denmark’s largest cultural events and a world-class international documentary film festival. The festival is run by the Copenhagen Film Festivals Foundation, which also runs the children’s film festival BUSTER and works on other film-related projects. As a festival organisation, we see art and culture as an active voice in society and the festivals as an opportunity to bring people together around the big issues of our time. At the same time, we want to promote the art of film across genres and equip the film industry with necessary tools for continued impact in society. The festivals’ offices are located in Copenhagen’s Meatpacking District.
How to apply:
Send your motivated application, CV and any relevant documents to *****@cphfilmfestivals.dk no later than 23rd of January 2023 at 12:00 CET. Please write “Head of Industry” in the subject field. Interviews will be held in Copenhagen at the end of January.
For further information & questions please contact:
Katrine Kiilgaard, *****@cphdox.dk, +45 2042 4529.